August is Happiness Happens Month, started by the Secret Society of Happy People in 1999. The group is no longer a secret since they boast over 14, 000 “Likes” on Facebook. You can learn more about them on their website, http://www.sohp.com
The Society has three purposes for this month:
- Recognize and express happiness
- Listen to others talk about their happiness
- Don’t rain on other people’s parades
These sound like some good ideas for any time of the year, but it won’t hurt to be extra mindful of creating your happiness this month.
Some of the ways you can celebrate
- don a pair of silver shades (because happy people always see the silver lining)
- laugh (laughter is still the best medicine)
- smile (and the world smiles with you)
- post on Twitter about what makes you happy, using the hashtag #HappinessHappens
What are some ways you will celebrate this month?