When asked on their deathbeds what they regret, people often mention opportunities they missed out of fear, hesitance, or too much time spent working and earning money. Avoid letting this happen to you.
Even though we get to choose how we react to events and opportunities, too many of us look for what’s wrong in this world, and choose to be unhappy, miserable, and even angry. This is easy to do if we count on the news to set our happiness meter. After all, we have trained the news media to focus on negative events by giving our attention to these that in turn boost their ratings and profits.
Every month of the year has a day dedicated to celebrating happiness. August, for example, is Admit You’re Happy Month. If you haven’t been celebrating your happiness this month, it’s not too late. Make it a habit to choose happiness so you will have no regrets at the end of your life.
If you have the health, freedom, and flexibility denied so many in the world, you have much to be grateful for. Being less than happy doesn’t serve anyone.
Here are ten simple ways to begin making time for your happiness.
1. Take the Happiness Pledge
Each day when I awake and discover I’m still alive,
I know I have another chance to grow, to learn, to thrive.
So as I enter the world anew I will bypass the door marked CRAPPY
And with a smile on my face and a song in my heart,
Walk through the door marked HAPPY.
2. Check out the world’s first 24 hour music video by Pharrell Williams.
3. Let this infographic take you from grumpy to happy in just a few minutes
4. The only secret to happiness is that there is no secret. We must each find out own version http://www.wikihow.com/Be-Happy
5. Schedule activities that make you happy, boost your self-esteem, or make you feel empowered. Then keep your appointment with yourself.
6. Engage in activities that relieve stress and help you relax, such as the
popular coloring trend.
7. Celebrate someone else’s success.
8. Do a random act of kindness.
9. Silence your smartphone and be here now.
- If you’re in a conversation, really listen to the other person.
- Attending a concert or movie? Put your full attention on the music and action.
10. For hundreds more ideas and tips on embracing happiness, handling change, and creating the life you want, get a copy of , Color Your Life Happy: Create Your Unique Path and Claim the Joy You Deserve, 2nd edition.
Click on the video below to get a taste of what to expect. I won’t tell anyone you were tapping your toe along with the music.
Tell us in the comments what you’ll do to avoid having regrets.